Saturday, April 28, 2007

you will burn in hell says Johnny Hart

Johnny Hart (creator of the comic strip "BC" and co-creator of the strip "The Wizard of Id") died on April 7th. Hart, a Christian, once stated in a 1999 interview that "Jews and Muslims who don't accept Jesus will burn in Hell". This upset many people. His often overtly Christian strips were labeled as anti-Jewish.

I don't understand why people get so upset. These religions are not compatible. Everyone believes there own to be the "right one". The Christian bible says that you must accept Christ as Son of God and your Saviour. If you do not your soul will not enter the kingdom of Heaven. Whether a Christian says it out loud or not, that it what they believe. Remaining silent will not change that belief. I found Muslim pages online saying that Jews and Christians will go to Hell. This is the nature of religion. If I say I believe in religion X...am an infering that religion Y and Z are wrong and they are dooming their souls. I'm all for everybody getting along but that doesn't change the fact that these beliefs are there. I am agnostic and I know my Christian friends believe there is no Heaven for me. But I don't take it personally. They believe their Book and the rules as they are stated. They never made these rules nor do I believe the want me to go to Hell. It's just the way things work according to their beliefs.

I have met these pseudo-Christians (what most people are) who say as long as you are a good person you will go to Heaven. These people have obviously never read the Bible. Besides....why would Christ have gone through all that torture and pain if it wasn't necessary.

No comments: